The past year has taught us the importance of having a digital presence for your business. Even in Real Estate, the first thing people do when they think of buying or leasing a property is to search online for available listings. Imagine if your business did not have a website or a social media account, people wouldn’t even know your agency and your services exist. You’ve already lost at the start of the ball game. Times have changed. The new generation of property buyers and sellers value convenience and competence now more than ever.
What exactly do you have to do to establish a visible and effective Digital Presence?
Keep your website up-to-date
Your website is your first line of defence. It’s likely to be the first thing that clients see when they search for you, or for agencies, online. If your website takes too long to load or is difficult to navigate around, people are more likely to leave your site and move onto one of your competitors. Your website should be user friendly. mobile-friendly, searchable and constantly updated. Make sure to update your agent’s information as often as needed. Upload new listings and transfer them to recent sales as they occur. Regularly updating your website will improve your search ranking.
To be more specific, here is a list of things you have to keep updated:
- Your active agent list
- Your office and agent’s contact information
- New listings
- Sold properties
- Open for Inspections
- Auction dates
Maximise your social media pages
Contrary to popular belief, you don’t have to be in all social media sites. It all depends on the branding you want for your business and the people you want to reach. If you don’t know where to start, you can use your competitors as a reference. Go where they go. Look at what they are posting and how they are communicating with their clients. Then you can make your own or improve on what you see from others. Real Estate agencies are commonly on the following social media sites:
- LinkedIn – is the best place to connect with professionals. Here, you’ll find business pages and agents sharing their accomplishments and inviting people to their open homes. It’s the perfect site for building and strengthening professional connections. This platform can be used to post real estate blogs or newsletters to build trust around your brand and establish your executives as thought leaders in the industry.
- Facebook – is great when you want to reach the masses. Among all the other social media platforms, it has the greatest amount of users. It’s best to create a page for your offices and your agents. You can post new listings, sold properties, open homes, auctions, real estate news, accomplishments, client testimonials, training and even hiring needs.
- Instagram -is the place to be if you want to reach potential buyers and sellers. People on Instagram value high-quality images. If they’re looking for properties to buy, they will be more interested in your photos and videos if they capture the best selling points of the properties. Aside from an office page, you can encourage your agents to make pages of their own where they could share their listings, sold properties, open homes, auctions and client testimonials. This way they can directly engage with potential clients.
- YouTube – Real Estate agencies often make YouTube channels to post property videos, market updates and sometimes even agent introduction videos.
Invest in digital advertising
Digital advertising is one of the most cost-efficient means of marketing. You can directly filter and target the market you want to reach. You can customise the demographics you wish to target, such as by location, age and gender. You can choose the budget and even the duration of the ad. You can advertise on all sites, but if you want to promote your new listings or sold properties, we recommend to advertise on Google, Facebook and Instagram. Better yet, you can take advantage of Real Estate digital marketing platforms like Campaigntrack so you can manage all your digital campaigns in one place and even receive detailed leads and reports from them.
Engage in email marketing
Email marketing is not dead. So long as you use it properly, email is still one of the best ways to get leads and clients. You can use platforms like Mailchimp or Getresponse to send out invitations for open homes or auctions to your email list. If you want to conduct surveys, you can use platforms like Surveymonkey. Be creative and maximise your emails.
If you want to do all of this but don’t have the time nor the expertise to keep all office and agent pages running, our Social Media Coordinators can serve as your helping hand.
What is a Social Media Coordinator?
Designing engaging, relevant and timely content to grow your social media profile and brand influence is a unique skill that takes an ongoing time commitment. Social Media Coordinators bring your brand to life in social media and other digital platforms using the latest techniques.
Push listings to your desired target market with organic and paid online advertising. Highlight your team’s achievements and build trust in your brand with impactful testimonials and branded posts.
Our Social Media Coordinators will maintain your social media audience, plus, combine engaging content with optimised posting schedules to best leverage engagement on your desired social channels.
Below is a list of typical tasks that our global staff can complete for you. Feel free to customise to your requirements.
- Push new property listings to potential buyers through organic and paid social media advertising, including Facebook posts, Instagram posts, Facebook ads, Google ads and property websites
- Create relevant blogs to improve your website’s SEO and build your brand’s image
- Write and send out newsletters to bring in potential clients and maintain relationships with existing clientele
- Manage agents’ social media pages by posting and/or boosting posts regarding properties, achievements, testimonials and newsletters
- Prepare marketing or sales collaterals for agents or the office to use. Including written or digital copy of the following:
- PowerPoint Presentations
Get to know one of our Social Media Coordinators in the video below.
If you want to elevate your digital presence to the next level, call us at 1300 855 111 for an obligation free chat or email us at email@example.com.